This training should be considered as the “Core Gateway First Aid Course” for your students. It will give them skills, knowledge and confidence when providing first aid. They will learn the same priorities and approach to patient care that the professionals use, and how to carry out that care until the professionals arrive. These skills are learned and mastered while having fun along the way.
Specific topics covered include:
• Approaching an Accident Scene
• Scene Safety
• Scene Assessment & management
• Primary Assessment
• Choking – adult / child / infant
• CPR – adult / child / infant
• External and Internal bleeding
• Wound care
• Recovery Position
The qualifications received by completing this course are often preferred by future employers and for further study.
A Memorandum of Understanding with provider number will be supplied to assist you with reporting unit standards and auditing requirements.
Location: Your school on dates and times that suit your students and timetable
6402 Provide basic life support Level 1 Credit 1
6401 Provide first aid for life threatening conditions Level 2 Credit 1
We also offer the Comprehensive course for students which includes an additional unit standard:
6400 Manage first aid in emergency situations Level 3 Credit 2
Give your student a head start
• Many future and current employers require their staff to have a current First Aid qualification.
• Students who go onto further study maybe required to hold a current First Aid qualification to successfully pass.
• Helps supports student’s exploration of career pathways.
• Learning key life skills that could save their life or someone else.
• Excellent risk management by the school.
For your outdoor education and physical education students we offer Outdoor First Aid Training courses. For your students moving on to tertiary education within the health sector or looking at police or fire fighting professions we offer our Pre-Hospital Emergency Care course. Have a look at our course pages for further details.
Course Time:Please contact us to schedule a course that meets your student’s needs.
Course Cost: Please contact us for pricing details; ask about our student rates.